A Public Service Announcement (PSA) is a message of public interest that Valley Free Radio airs without charge, with the objective of raising awareness or changing public attitudes and behavior towards a social issue.
We receive a large volume of requests. To increase the likelihood of airing your spot, please read the tips below.
We look forward to working with you to promote your community messages! Please review the items below before submitting.
Yes! Include this:
- Include the basics: who, what, where, and when AND website/contact info
- Conclude with: “More information can be found by calling/visiting [website/contact info].”
- Each PSA is 30-45 seconds (total word count: 100-125 words). Check by reading slowly out loud.
- Keep it short and to the point!
- Text-only announcements (to be read verbatim)
No. Exclude this:
- No pictures, no event flyers
- No selling
- No political campaigning
- No “calls to action” (“sign up for newsletter“)
- No prices or rates (including “free”)
- No comparisons (“the best around!”)
Email PSAs to PSA@valleyfreeradio.org.
For examples of recorded PSAs, check out this PSA from Ad Council here.